Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Fly Away

I'm going to be traveling soon.  The thought of flying on an airplane really troubles my mind. No matter how hard I try to understand it , I don't know how such a huge thing can carry so many of us through the sky and land safely.  You may tell me that the law of "lift and thrust" supersedes the law of "gravity" and allows the plane to fly.  But my imagination goes wild, and the thought of something interrupting the superseding law causes me torment.  

These are natural laws that CAN be interrupted , but I am reminded of another law in Romans 8:2 ..." through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death".  That law can never be interrupted because I have received Jesus Christ, and nothing can separate me from His love.  His spirit gave me life and set me free from the law of sin and death . Perhaps I should let my imagination go wild at the thought of the freedom that Jesus Christ has given me:  Freedom - not to sin... Freedom - not to fear... Freedom- to face the unknown - knowing whose I am...Freedom!  Yes, that's what I will do: I'll consider that freedom  on my trip - and I'm sure my worries will "fly away"!

No comments:

Post a Comment