Friday, January 26, 2018

23 JANUARY 2018, 07:24 AM

I heard the news this morning  - a huge earthquake in Alaska with a tsunami warning as well for Alaska and the northern west coast of the US . 

Our nation has suffered so greatly with natural disasters … Fires, mudslides, tornadoes, hurricanes, flooding, and now an earthquake .  Someone may look at the natural disasters that occur and say it could be God's judgment to a  disobedient nation . It certainly has my attention!  I am reminded, though, that the word of God tells me that the " rain falls and the sun shines on the just and the unjust alike ". 

I wonder then , could these things be the revealing of the glory of God offered to a nation whom he loves ?  At one time in our nation we put our trust in God . Our currency testifies to that. The Bible tells us that "the heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament His power".  Perhaps the Lord wants to reveal Himself to those who don't know him, or who have no longer put their trust in Him. In Isaiah 65:1,2 "The Lord says, 

“I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help. I was ready to be found, but no one was looking for me. I said, ‘Here I Am, here I Am!’ to a nation that did not call on My name. All day long I opened My arms..."

God , in all His glory, is always ready to respond when we cry out for help . He is always ready to be found when we look for Him . He always says, even to those of us who are rebellious and stubborn , "here I Am, here I Am! " . All day long he opens His arms , revealing Himself in so many ways . 

so, as His daughter, I ask for His help . I cry out for my nation and for those who are in trouble , may our Lord Jesus be found by those who are not looking.  May closed ears and blind eyes be opened to see the loving and compassionate God who is reaching out so patiently.  May those of us who are His own be faithful ambassadors, speaking of and living out the Word of God, revealing our Savior Jesus Christ.  

Just as God spoke in Isaiah 65 to Israel , may it be applied to our nation as well - may the Lord relent from devastating destruction.  May it be as in verse 8-9: 
"For just as good grapes are found among a cluster of bad ones (and someone will say, ‘Don’t throw them all away— some of those grapes are good!’), so I will not destroy... For I still have true servants there. I will preserve a remnant of the people...and My servants will live there."

May Christ continue to be ready to respond, ready to be found, opening His  arms to our nation and in His mercy relent from allowing further destruction.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment